Are repairs carried out covered by warranty?
Yes, all parts repaired come with a 12 month warranty. Please contact us if you have any issues with your device following repair, we will aim to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and this may require the device to be collected if our experienced technical support staff are unable to resolve the issue over the phone/via email.
What happens to my old device if it is not viable for repair?
Our fully accredited engineers achieve a 95% success rate on repairs. However, in the event that your device is replaced, your old device will be decommissioned adhering to rules outlined by the Environment Agency: Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and data will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR. We politely request that any devices claimed for under insurance are not disposed of by the owner prior to HAAC Ltd. collecting and inspecting the device. Disposal prior to inspecting insurance claims in which HAAC Ltd. are the appointed repair agent may result in cancellation or problems in settling your claim. Ownership of items claimed for that are not viable for repair is transferred to your insurance provider and as such we are unable to return them to the policy holder as per insurance policy terms and conditions.
Can I change the date my device is due to be collected?
Yes, we at HAAC Ltd. will always work to your schedule where possible. If the date of collection needs to be rearranged then you can do so by responding to the notification sent via text/email to you by the appointed courier, details of which will be confirmed by or administration team at the point of booking. Alternatively, contact us and we can make amendments for you, including adding notes to consignments if more detail is needed for the courier to collect the device. You will also be given a one hour time slot to make collection and deliveries work around your schedule, however we cannot allocate specific times. HAAC Ltd. does not currently offer weekend collection/delivery, however the allocated courier may have a “drop-off” centre local to you which our friendly staff are happy to advise if available/preferable.
I have recieved a request to remove the "Find My Iphone" feature, how do I do this ?
This can be completed by proceeding to http://www.icloud.com and following these steps:
- Sign in with your Apple ID and Password
- Complete Two-Factor Authentication if prompted to do so
- Click “Find My iPhone”
- Click the “All Devices” drop-down menu and select the device to be removed
- Click “Remove From Account” DO NOT click “Erase iPhone/Device”
- Click “Remove” when prompted
- Contact us to advise/if there are any issues
How can I make an Excess payment on completed claims?
- We will contact you to arrange delivery of your device once repaired/replaced and at this point we can take payment over the phone or by BACS. We will only collect Excess if advised by the insurer to do so and we can accept payment via credit/debit card, however HAAC Ltd. is not currently able to accept payment via American Express.
What is the process once I submit my insurance claim?
If HAAC Ltd. is the appointed repair agent for your insurance claim then the process is as follows:
Our dedicated customer service team will contact and arrange next day collection within one hour of receipt of claim and are happy to answer any questions about the process.
Our qualified engineers assess the damage/faults on the day the device(s) is received. They determine how best to resolve the issue either by repairing using OEM parts or replacing the unit entirely.
Our experienced team will source parts/devices using our network of OEM suppliers based on what has been identified on inspection. Repair/Replacement is completed in 1-3 days subject to parts availability/logistics.
A member of the team will always contact to arrange delivery at your convenience prior to dispatch. HAAC Ltd. may request Excess payment if instructed to do so by the insurer.
My device has been returned damaged/faulty, what should I do?
- Please contact us within 24 hours of receipt if you have received a damaged/faulty item and we will aim to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. All devices are thoroughly tested prior to dispatch and damage is unlikely to occur, our customer service team are here to provide advice. In the event of suspected transit damage due to condition of package, we advise that the package is not signed for and/or refused at point of delivery and then contact us to efficiently resolve the situation for you.
Can I upgrade my device while it is with you for inspection/repair?
- Absolutely, our fully accredited engineers are on hand to make your device as good as it can be. This may include upgrading RAM, HDD and even repairs of unrelated cosmetic damage. As upgrades are model dependant, please enquire with our team and we can advise on pricing etc.